pec.smarthub.coop – How to Pay Pedernales Electric BillFinance
About Pedernales Electric
Pedernales Electric Cooperative is an electric utility cooperative. This non-profitable cooperative provides electricity to rural customers within Texas. The headquarter of this cooperative is located in Johnson City, Texas. Pedernales Electric was formed in 1938. It is the nation’s largest cooperative and serves over 300,000 cooperative members throughout Texas.
How to Pay Pedernales Electric Bill
You will get several convenient payment options to pay your utility bill. To learn more about these payment options, follow the below information:
Pay Pedernales Electric Bill via Online Method:
- The online payment method is fastest than the other payment method. If you are a new user, then you must have to sign up for the account. If you already completed the sign-up process, then you need to follow these instructions below:
- You need to visit this link pec.smarthub.coop
- Then, on the provided field, input the email and password.
- After providing your log in details, simply select the Login button.
- Then, follow the steps further to make your utility bill payment.
Pay Pedernales Electric Bill by Phone:
- Users can also pay the Pedernales Electric bill over the phone. You can pay your utility bill through an automated phone system. You have to call at 844-886-9798 and then follow the on-call instructions. If you want to speak with the member service agent, then call at 888-554-4732. To speak to the customer service representative, you have to call Monday to Friday, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Pay Pedernales Electric Bill by Mail:
- You can send your payment check or money order by mail. You have to send your payment stub to Pedernales Electric. As the mail payment option takes time to process, so send your payment stub prior to the due date. You can send your payment stub to this address below:
P.O. Box 1
Johnson City, Texas 78636
Pay Pedernales Electric Bill at MoneyGram:
- You can easily pay your Pedernales Electric bill with MoneyGram. You can pay via MoneyGram locations using cash. For making payment through MoneyGram locations, you have to pay a merchant fee of $1.50. You have to use the reference PEC to receive code 15898. And you have to follow these steps to find out your MoneyGram locations:
- You need to visit this link secure.moneygram.com
- Then, on the provided field, input the address, city, zip, or postal code.
- After that, you just need to click on the Search icon.
- It will show your nearest MoneyGram locations.
Pay Pedernales Electric Bill in Person:
- If you want to make the payment for the Pedernales Electric bill in person, then visit the office location. You have visited the office location to make a payment. Also, you can make payments in form of cash. You have to visit this link www.pec.coop, to find out nearest office locations.
Pay Pedernales Electric Bill at a Kiosk:
- You can make payment through drive-thru kiosks locations. And you can pay using a check, credit card, or e-check. You will require the account number and the cash payment to make payment.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- You have to pay several service fees and penalty fees for Pedernales Electric. You will be charged the following fees:
- Collection Fee: If the customer service representative collects the payment amount from your doorsteps, you have to pay the collection fee.
- Reconnection Fee: If your service is disconnected, then for the reconnection you have to pay the reconnection fee of $100.
- Returned Check Fee: If your payment check is returned by the bank or from your financial institute, you have to pay the returned check fee of $30.
- Disconnection: For the disconnection fees, you will be charged $100.
Things to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- If you cannot able to make the payment, contact the customer service department. You will get the following assistance program, to pay your utility bill:
- Deferred Payment Arrangement: It will break your payment amount into a smaller payment and it will add your current bill amount. Then you have to pay the full payment amount.
- Average Payment Plan: With this program, you have to pay the average payment amount.
- LIHEAP: This federal assistance program is designed for low-income customers. You can contact the customer service department for more information on this program. If you meet certain income guidelines, you can apply for this program. Due to limited funding, we suggest you apply for this program as soon as possible.
Read More : Hawaiian Electric Bill Payment Guide
Pedernales Electric Contact Info
If you need any help to pay your Pedernales Electric bill, you can contact the customer service department. The customer service representative is available at:
Pedernales Electric Cooperative Inc.
P.O. Box 1
Johnson City, Texas 78636-0001
Call At: 888-554-4732
Hours: Mon to Fri: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.