www.cpsenergy.com – How to Pay CPS Energy BillFinance
About CPS Energy
City Public Service Board of San Antonio is an electric utility that operates under the name of CPS Energy. It was first introduced in 1942. This municipal electric utility usually operates throughout San Antonio, Texas. Along with the electricity, they also serve natural gas to the customers. There are more than 840,750 electricity customers and over 352,585 natural gas customers operate throughout the 1,566 square miles.
How to Pay CPS Energy Bill
There are several payment methods is available to pay the utility bill. You can make your payment by following these methods below:
Pay CPS Energy Bill via Online Method:
- You can make bill payments via the online payment method. To make the payment, you must have to enroll for the account. If you already completed your enrollment process, you need to follow these instructions ad mentioned below:
- You have to go to this link cpsenergy.com
- On the homepage, you will get the login section on the right side.
- There, on the provided field, input the username and password.
- After providing your log-in details, simply click on the Login option.
- Then, follow the steps further to make your CPS Energy bill payment.
Pay CPS Energy Bill by One Time Payment:
- You can make a one-time payment without login into your CPS Energy account. You can make a payment, without even log in to your account. You will require your customer account number and phone number or zip code. With this information, follow these steps to complete your payment:
- Simply click on this link secure.cpsenergy.com
- Provide your customer account number in the first field.
- Then, enter your primary phone number or service address zip code on the next field.
- Tick the box, I’m not a robot to pass the security check.
- After that, simply click on the Next button to proceed further.
Pay CPS Energy Bill by AutoPay:
- CPS Energy customers can pay their utility bills by AutoPay. This allows you to pay your bills automatically from a financial institution or credit card. In order to enroll in the AutoPay service, follow these steps:
- You have to go to this link cpsenergy.com
- At the homepage, you will get the login section on the right side.
- Provide your username and password don’t the respected fields.
- After providing your login credentials, you just need to select the Login option.
- After that, you need to set up the AutoPay option.
Pay CPS Energy Bill in Payment Locations:
You can pay your electric bill at any of your nearest payment centers. Visit these locations to pay your bill:
4525 Rigsby Avenue, Ste. 112
7000 San Pedro Avenue, near Oblate
660 S.W. Military Drive at Shopper’s City Mall
803 Castroville Road, Suite 406 at Las Palmas Center
Pay CPS Energy Bill by Phone:
Users can also pay the CPS Energy bill over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through the phone system. For residential customers, dial (877) 257-1172. If you are a commercial customer, then dial (855) 290-7615. You can pay using an electronic check, credit card, or debit card. For making payment, you have to pay $2.35 for a convenience fee.
Pay CPS Energy Bill by Mail:
Through the traditional mail method, you can pay your CPS Energy bill. Send your money order or personal check by mail to CPS Energy. The mail payment will take time to proceed. You must have to include CPS Energy account number on your check. You can use this payment address to make the payment.
P.O. Box 2678
San Antonio, TX 78289
How the Penalty Fees Work
- If you cannot make payment for your CPS Energy bill by the due date, there will be several penalty fees. These are the following fees, that you have to pay:
- Returned Payment Fee: If your check is refused by the bank, then you have to pay the return check fees. For the returned check fees, you have to pay $25 per instance.
- Reconnect Fees: During the normal business hours, your reconnection fees will be $24 for electric, $36 for gas, and $54 for electric and gas. After business hours, you have to pay $30 for electric, $47 for gas, and $69 for electric and gas.
- Collection Fees: If the customer service representative collection the fees from your doorstep, then you have to pay the collection fees of $12.
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- If you cannot make your payment by the due date, you should immediately contact the customer service department. For the payment arrangement plan, your account must have good standing and services. These are the available program that you will get:
- Senior Citizens Program: If the customers’ age is over 60 years, then you will get 10 days extra to pay your bill.
- Emergency Assistance Programs: This program available via other agencies, which helps those, who can’t qualify for any other program.
- Affordability Discount: Those who are below 120% of the federal poverty guild line, will get an affordable discount. For the electric services, you will get $6.55 and $3.15 for the gas services.
- LIHEAP: This service is for low-income customers. If you meet the income guideline, then you can apply for the LIHEAP.
Read More : Idaho Power Online Bill Pay
CPS Energy Contact Info
In case, you need to contact the customer service department, then you can contact at:
Electric or Gas Emergency: 210-353-HELP (4357)
Billing or Service Questions: